Sunday, June 10, 2012

Catch up

We've been back a week.

The suitcases have still not been unpacked.

Jet lag has taken its toll and I seem to be in real danger of becoming nocturnal. (I went to bed at 5 a.m. one day.)

Canada (Alberta and British Columbia this time) and Alaska were truly spectacular. We travelled by plane, train, ship and coach and managed four days in fabulous Vancouver. 

Unfortunately, my camera didn't perform quite so spectacularly (yes, I know it's a poor workman who blames his tools but I'm thinking I need an upgrade) so I've pinched some of the mister's pictures to add to mine to give you a flavour of what we got up to.

 

P1000539
Sulphur Mountain, Banff

IMG_2361

The Rockies

P1000544

P1000555
Lake Louise, Banff

P1000583

 

P1000608

 

P1000655 

Sawyer Glacier, near Juneau, Alaska

IMG_2798

P1000637

 

P1000663

P1000665

P1000697

 

IMG_2487

Glacier Bay, Alaska

IMG_2842

Skagway, Alaska

IMG_2867

Ketchican, Alaska

IMG_2868

IMG_2865

P1000728

Vancouver

IMG_2437

 

IMG_2891

Steam clock, Gas Town, Vancouver

IMG_2893

"Lying on top of a building, the clouds looked no nearer than when I was lying on the street"

IMG_2895

One of many

 If you're wondering, the sprained ankle made for slow and painful progress but we ended up changing just one of the planned activities. 

Boo had a whale of a time with his carer in Darlington (he's been turning his nose up at the usual dog food since his return) and the cats, well one of them, made the most of his absence to get in a bit of uninterrupted sunbathing.

IMG_1834

 

No comments:

Post a Comment